Friday, October 5, 2007

Some Favorite CQ Blogging Reads

I thought I would post a little round-up of some crazy quilt related blogs and posts that I've enjoyed lately, just in case you haven't seen them.
They certainly enrich my life and work....maybe they will yours, too...

JoWynn Johns has just posted her work on a crazy quilt she made for her grandson. She also linked to the journal she kept while making it, which has her step by step process here.

Judy Harper shows the fabulous progress she is making exploring the world of crazy quilting in needlepoint here. So pretty, Judy!

Janet Stauffacher has been posting one fantastic tutorial after another on her blog, Nostalgic Needleart. She is an accomplished teacher and business owner, and is offering a great resource of knowledge on her blog.

Another renowned crazy quilt teacher, Betty Pillsbury, has started a blog that is about not only her needlework but also her passion for herbs. Her expertise in both areas is extensive and I for one think they go together really well. Her post on her crazy quilts is here. Do click on her pictures...they are large and sharp and give a beautiful view into her stitching. Gardeners will want to check out her other posts as well.

Marty Trahan is in the midst of creating a masterpiece with her "MidSummer Night's Dream" quilt...the latest post shows the "moonlit" seam embellishments she is laying down on her border blocks. This is a real treat to watch evolve.

There are so many wonderful stitching blogs out there....just thought I would share these this morning in case you missed them.

Tomorrow night I am going to the Vender's Night at the Art and Soul Retreat right here in Portland. I didn't take any of the many classes, as mixed media just isn't my thing...but they work with some strange and fabulous materials that can be great in crazy quilting, so I will be on the prowl tomorrow night, cash money in my pocket! (I hate to use credit cards with vendors because of the fees they have to pay.) I'll bring my camera and see what I can capture of what is sure to be a major feeding frenzy among the retreat participants and shoppers like me.

2 comments :

Marty52 said...

Golly Gee, Allie! Thanks!! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I have become a blogaholic and am currently reading about 80 quilting blogs. There can never be too many quilt blogs.