Sunday, July 13, 2008

Major Oya Alert!!!!!!

A very thoughtful reader named Bev Forsling sent me the link to this UTube video this morning about oya...It also has tons of pictures of other forms of Turkish needlework--it's like a long, quickly moving slideshow, set to joyous Turkish music. There are a few pictures of some lovely women wearing some of the scarves, too. I was enthralled by this, the patterns and artistry and sheer exuberance of the talent involved in creating this gorgeous needlework. Have a look!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW5RSHVb6uQ&feature=related


5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your work is absoltely brilliant. I was alerted to your site by a quilter in Sweden. You must live in CA, due to the poppies. I grew up in norther Ca. Photos of your home and property were so peaceful and entered my soul, truly.
I will be back to peruse you other pages.

Breathtaking! Thanks for the ride!

Anonymous said...

Delightful. Delicious. The music made me nostalgic for Turkey, a land that I love and yearn to return to.

Threadspider said...

This was such fun. I know you have written, about Oya before and I see why you like it so. Such delicate little stitches!The music is a great start to Monday morning.Thanks Allie.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks for the alert on the Oya. I discovered the existence of oya only after I started blogging and this little clip is great.

suheyla said...

Hi,I from Turkey,that's video very nice..thanks.