Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm a Bluebird!

Do you all remember that great song, by Paul McCartney?

It inspired my little project, along with this lovely velvet bird from Maureen's Vintage Acquisitions.

Maureen commissioned the birds to sell from my friends at M & S Schmalberg Custom Fabric Flowers.

For my segment on Quilt Out Loud last week, I demo-ed how to make a curved applique crazy quilt block.  After I got home, I decided I would finish the embellishment so viewers could see "the rest of the story".

Here is is!

That's one of my floral collage photos in the center.  The show will be airing in early spring, hence the theme.
I do hope you will click on the link to the song, above.  It is so pretty...I played it many times as I was stitching.

But now it is back to Christmas carols....   ;-) 

3 comments :

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Allie, love the bluebird! And love your curved piecing. I've got to give that a try. I do add curves on occasion but not like you do. So pretty!

Barbara C said...

What a pretty springtime composition--I really like those little daffodils.

Vivian Helena said...

Your little BlueBird is so beautiful, as is all your wonderous creations.
Thank you for popping in at my blog. I am going to miss seeing you at "Camp",
it just will not be the same..Looks like you are having a wonderful traveling year! hugs, vivian